Hyperion

Monday, November 12, 2007

IT's that time again!

When something must be upgraded to stay at par, the difference between life and death, supremacy, and OWNAGE OF NOOBS.

This Baby is the BOMB it got cheaper over the past few months, Dual core is the way to easily double the L1 and L2 Cache. My motherboard is Socket 939 and so is this chip, the CPU I currently have is the AMD 64 3200+ 2.0 GHZ (Over clocked to 2.4) NON-DUAL CORE.

Christine my dear sister is gonna help me out with it, not quite sure when it's gonna happen. Or rather get me this instead of the hard drive she took from me *Cough cough*

Yes I know, these specs mean NOTHING to anybody. haha but it's there.

Model
Brand AMD
Processors Type Desktop
Series Athlon 64 X2
Model ADA4200DAA5BV
CPU Socket Type
CPU Socket Type Socket 939
Tech Spec
Core Manchester
Multi-Core Dual-Core
Name Athlon 64 X2 4200+
Operating Frequency 2.2GHz
HT 2000MHz
L1 Cache 128KB+128KB
L2 Cache 2 x 512KB
Manufacturing Tech 90 nm
64 bit Support Yes
Hyper-Transport Support Yes
Virtualization Technology Support No
Multimedia Instruction MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, 3DNOW! Professional
Voltage 1.30 V/1.35 V
Cooling Device Cooling device not included - Processor Only
posted by John at 3:38 PM

11 Comments:

You're right, these things mean nothing to me...

.....yet.

Enlighten me.

Explain to me some things--e.g., operating frequency, voltage, CPU Socket Type, etc.

(I'm assuming voltage has something to do with the electrical current the computer needs to function?)

November 12, 2007 at 4:12 PM  

Lol, who cares about the cache? You don't even need that yet! Granted, in the near future it will be necessary, but there are currently no games you or I play that require extra cache to make any significant difference.

November 13, 2007 at 10:04 PM  

Oh yeah, how much is this little booger?

November 13, 2007 at 10:04 PM  

The operating frequency (2.2ghz on this spesific CPU) is the speed. I'm a little short for time so I'll just put some easy-to-say-not-very-specific answers.

Yes, indeed. Also also the more voltage you put the faster the CPU Will be, it's called over clocking, it's extremely easy to burn it though, so changing it isn't always a great idea, the specific numbers that are there, is the safe/tested voltage for that CPU.

Nicholas, What are you talking about? Cache is CPU Ram, you can never have enough of it, CACHE is much, much faster then RAM. Overflow of the Cache goes to ram, so unless you're able to have more Cache then Ram, guess what? YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH. :)

November 14, 2007 at 10:44 AM  

But all my games run smoother than the Dead Sea on a day with no wind, and that's with my now-outdated proccesser cache. True, it's better, but the point is, it is as of yet unnecessary.

November 14, 2007 at 3:09 PM  

Heh, I'm talking about something I know very little about, but I still stand by it. :D

November 14, 2007 at 3:10 PM  

You said it I didn't, I'm not quite sure why you insist on arguing over it then.

And, you have no clue what you're talking about heh.

November 14, 2007 at 3:49 PM  

I mean, yes its better, but its like getting an engine capable of 150 mph when you will never go anywhere near that. That's all.

November 14, 2007 at 5:59 PM  

Correction: when you won't go anywhere near that YET.

And ya, I didn't mean to make it a big thing, sorry bout that, was just messing around a bit.

November 14, 2007 at 6:03 PM  

And THIS is why I like sticking to game consoles. No upgrading :)

R.W.

November 14, 2007 at 7:23 PM  

Nicholas, you said yourself you don't know what you're talking about, why are you still arguing it? lol man.

You're old computer games don't require it, but even STILL you will get better FPS, the more the better and until you're able to hit more cache then ram it will always be that way.

November 15, 2007 at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home